Thursday 31 December 2009

A brighter Day

Last day of 2009! I'll spare you the look back on it. One of my rituals: I write down what I want to leave in the old year and burn it in the old year to get a fresh start. I'll do it when I have finished this post.

At 9:30 AM I was on the track. Funny thing, but I was the first to rise this morning. My mom was kind of shocked, that I would get up earlier than them. Well, it seems like I'm starting to change for the better. ;-) And since I slept like crap, getting up could only make it better.
The weather was and is crap. It has only -1 or -2 °C, but it's windy and the humidity is high, so it feels more like -15°C. Chris was 15 minutes late as always, but she showed up. And we shuffled some laps, due to the temperatures and the snow, we couldn't run properly because it was slippery as hell. I used the "waiting" time to shuffle and run (im)properly several laps and did also two different drills. I would have loved to do more but I didn't want to risk a fall. Chris wasn't that lucky, she slipped and fell on her butt on the way to the track. Luckily only her pride was hurt. ;-)

Anyway, here are todays stats:
time: 1:01:40 hr
in zone: 30:38 min
HR: 131 bpm


In roughly 6 hours we have 2010, a new year and a new decade begins. I wish for the whole universe that it will be one filled with peace, love and laughter. A lot of us are having a hard time at this moment and we often forget that we are abled to change it for the better by ourselves.

You have the strength within you, believe in yourself and your abilities.


"Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can."
Douglas Pagels


I wish all of you a wonderful new year filled with love, laughter, fun, success, happiness, friends, peacefull hours, hugs and wonderful moments.


Keep Running!

2 comments:

  1. I love your dedication to running in all kinds of crap weather. That is some tough mental training there! Y'all need some Yak Trax or something similar to put on your shoes so you don't slip.

    I spent two years at Fliegerhorst outside of Hanau during my youth in the Army. I loved Germany! even if it was a bit too cold for this southern boy.

    Happy New Years!!

    ReplyDelete