Friday 26 March 2010

Spring in Leipzig

As promised some pics from Leipzig for you.



Leipzigs New Town Hall tower through the Schiller Park

The "Blechbüchse" (tin can) without the Blech (tin). The old facade you see underneath belongs to a building that was build in 1908. It has always been a departement store. Now it's demolished and a new department store complex will be build there. (Not that Leipzig needed one.)
In any case it's really interesting to have a look at it without the tin, because the facade was build about 10 years before my birth.




One of Leipzigs many churches. From an architectural point of view I really like this one.



I have my fashion drawing class tonight and tomorrow. So I went to the adult educations center yesterday to pay for the class. These are the staircases, they were obviously renovated. Because when I had black & white photography class at the end of the nineties it wasn't this beautiful. Major improvement.


Yesterdays lunch. Yummy and relatively healthy. Dinner was unhealthy as hell, chocolate pudding and chocolate snacks. Well, it's the time of month were I could practically eat chocolate all day.

Todays lunch will be thai food, since it's Friday. Tomorrow evening Chris and I will have a french cheese dinner at my place. With lots of french cheese (goats cheese, yumm), baguette and wine. And maybe shooting some fun fashion pics or watching a fun movie or just chatting away. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, I rode my bike to project management class today too. And I work on my pedaling. I usually pedal 2 or 3 times and then roll and pedal again. Now I'm trying to get used to constant pedaling. For which I have to focus really hard, because the other way is a habit I got since I learned to ride my bike. Going against habits which lasted for 27 or more years is really hard work. :-P I actually feel uncomfortable in my stomach when I pedal for a "long" time. It's the weirdest feeling. But I'll work on it nonetheless.

Well, I wish you a wonderful and relaxed weekend.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

5 comments:

  1. You ever thought of working in photography?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact I did. Countless times. I even applied for an apprenticeship once. I took several classes. And I'm quite good in the dark room. But I still need some necessary items, like a good tripod and a lensebaby, Adobe photoshop, a Nikon DSLR.

    Well, we'll see how my photography blog develops (secret scheme: global domination! Muahahahah). For now, it's just playing around and broadening my skills. And I really like it that way, because I can do whatever the hell I want. No annoying customer demands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner was unhealthy as hell,

    Your english is coming along very nicely!

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures and nice balance on the unhealthy dinner yet healthy lunch - they cancel each other out. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your photos. I want to see one of you running around the track.

    ReplyDelete