Wednesday 17 March 2010

New Training Goal - A marathon in HEELS?!?!

Okay, so wearing flats has become a little bit annoying over the winter. Since we've got finally sidewalks instead of icewalks again and temperatures will rise to a burning 10°C = 50° F, I dug out my heels this morning.

I know what you ask yourself now, what does that have to do with marathon or even Ironman?

Well, for those of you who haven't worn heels so far, heels aren't exactly comfortable and you have to learn to walk in them. (I always wondered if the Manolo Blahniks are so expensive because they come with a walking seminar.) When I "ran" for the streetcar this morning it inspired some questions. How far can anyone (woman or man) actually walk or run in heels? And has there ever been a person who walked a half - or even a full marathon in them? Let alone run?

I know that there have been High Heel races about short distances (80 m), but I haven't found any long distance "race".

Well I can tell you one thing for sure. I definitely won't be the first person who is crazy enough to walk a marathon in heels! Even I am not that crazy!

In any case, walking in heels seems to be good for my knee, because I don't felt pain in there all morning.

And you, what is your "crazy" idea, when it comes to running or tri?

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

3 comments:

  1. my crazy idea??? Urban myth has it, that I may or may not have played Guitar Hero while walking incline a dreadmill in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav, running in a speedo - not too crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite honestly I think an iron distance triathlon as crazy. I mean, it's just so long.

    Also, the Florida Ironman is in November which means training over the summer and in the fall. Not so bad.

    ReplyDelete