Tuesday 2 March 2010

The good and the bad

So I've been to my new practitioner because of my left knee and my right foot yesterday. I do like him. He listens well and doesn't give me the feeling that I'm just taking up his precious time. Which is really important as you know.

Now I've got some good news and some baaaaad news.

Okay, lets start out with the baaaaad news and end on a good note.
He took a good look at my knee and listened to my description, which led him to the belief that it might be a Baker's cyst. So he send me to get a MRI and prescribed some homeopathic stuff. Not that bad you might think, but he also banned me from running for the next 3 weeks...

Which means I can forget about the half marathon in April.

If I'm lucky, I can do the 10k, but I wouldn't bet on it at this moment. He told me I could do walking and cycling. I tell you one thing, I WON'T go walking. I'm not a fat woman in her fifties who has no ambitions, but feels oh so sporty when she is out there in her walking gear and strolls along with her friends chatting and making it look like she's doing something sporty. So, I'll get my bike out this evening and get the air back on the tires and will go for rides. And I'll go swimming. And I'll do squats every morning. Still this won't get me to the half marathon in April.

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

But hey I always wanted to have a MRI, I think it's fascinating and now I get one. Wohoo. I'll definitely ask for my pictures. And my hurting right foot is just a bit aggravated, so it will be fine in a few days. Good news, right?

The really good news were though, that he is pro supplements and said what I take (zinc, magnesium, Vitamins C, B, K, D; selenium, omega 3, iodine, iron) is good for me and are the right amounts. Hah! My mom and my former practitioners always thought that I'm mad and told me, that I should only eat right and that it doesn't make sense then that I take any supplements. I definitely have found the right practitioner for ME.

Markkleeberger See

So, essentially this means I can bag my training schedule and think of a new one. Just what I needed. pffff. On the bright side, I have more time for applications now. Well, now I just need to sit down and write them. ahem...

I hope your joints behave and that your training goes well.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, look at it this way, now you can become a beast on the bike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, that's crappy! But yes, now you can get strong on the swim and bike!

    ReplyDelete