Sunday 30 January 2011

Paleojourney - A Mac Photo Booth Diary - Week 4 + Whole30 Start

Okay, the first month of "fully" Primal is over. Frankly, I haven't reached my weight goal, which was an easy 59,9 kg. The reasons? My cold at the start of the month and the last week, eating a Lebkuchen (because my mom frustrated me to no end) and celebrating my new job this Friday with friends (2 Desperados beers, 1 coke, 1 salad with a side of baguette, Tortilla chips). So today I weighed 60,9 kg, which is exactly the same as on December 31st. At the start of this week I was down to 60,2 kg. Well, that's what I get when I don't keep my insulin low and eat wheat.

Since I still have my skin issues and I wasn't 100% Paleo and got the receipt for it, I've decided to do the "Whole 30" starting today. Which essentially means eating real food for 30 days straight. I'll "Cut out all the inflammatory, insulin-spiking, calorie-dense but nutritionally sparse food groups for a full 30 days." (http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/)

Here is what I won't eat for the next 30 days:
  • added sugar of any kind, real or artificial
  • processed foods
  • alcohol
  • grains
  • legumes
  • dairy
  • white potatoes
This is essentially the Paleo Diet as proposed by Dr. Cordain and I won't step on my scale for the next 30 days (rule of the Whole30). Since it's all about the other changes and not my weight, though I will probably loose some fat. But most importantly I want my skin and health to improve, remember there is still my knee issue that prevents me from running (*annoyed sigh*). The real challenge will be when I move to Stuttgart around the 20th. I'll really have to dial my food usage and amounts in until then. Dormitary and a new job in a new city, quite the challenge.

Okay, now I'm off to Starbucks (I'll drink a tea {it's not only cheaper but also sugarfree, so ten times better then the Chocolate Mocha I had these past weeks} and water, I'll bring Brazil nuts should I need a snack), after all I still have a lot of reading to do until 23rd and I simply can't stand it to stay at home all day anymore. Which is an interesting change of pace, I've had no problem with it a few weeks ago.

Enjoy your Sundays and have a good start into the new week.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment