Saturday 16 October 2010

Making headway

Two steps forward, one step back.

Okay, so on the job front: I'm still searching, but at least I know that I came in second at the big company I had my interview in September. Which is really close to getting the job, so I know I'm on the right track. Good times. (They usually don't tell you this, but I pressured them since I didn't know what to do about my studio. Sometimes stuff like this comes in pretty handy.)

On the apartment front: I found mine!! And it's currently renovated, so I made an reservation and if all goes well I have my own place next month. It has parquet flooring in the living room, which is also the only room with windows, but they have a fantastic view. (9. floor looking on a park, how much wood you pay for this in New York? Muahahaha.)
Moving next month is exciting and annoying at the same time. Anyway, I go with the excitement and ignore the annoying part, and make sure that everything I buy is easily moveable, no built-in kitchen just some ikea Gorm shelfs. I've already planned the color scheme for bathroom (violet) and kitchen (green). Since I won't paint any walls and don't want to drill (I will have to in some instances), because I simply don't know how long I will live there, I have to come up with some funny solutions.

Food: I had some fall backs in old eating habits due to stress, but I'm back on the path to healthy living as of today. (Can't wait to move out, no more waffles in the night, Wohoo! Or binge eating on chocolate because my mom annoyed me. Ha.) I tell you on Christmas I'll be a new person. XD And this is necessary. Because when I ate some bread this Thursday my stomach got really annoyed. Good thing no one was around me at that time.

Tomorrow I'll do some much needed bike repairs and maybe I'll go for a sprint. I'll see and report.

Have a great weekend everyone and good luck to Molly who has her A race today!

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment