Monday 18 October 2010

Itadakimasu

My current obsession is Japan. I love their movies and dramas and food. So when I came back home for lunch (after the dentist and looking for lamps for my flat) and had no particular idea for what to eat, I prepared udon.

Udon are thick wheat noodles that are mostly served in a broth with some slices of fresh spring onions and maybe an egg for the proteines. There is a whole movie on udon.

Well, so I made it pretty simple. I took instant miso soup for the broth (I know, I know, but I can't use real miso until I move out, same goes for garlic. Just one more month and I'll have my own kitchen! Yeah.). Cooked the udon noodles for 10 minutes and while they were boiling I soaked some wakame, cut a quarter of a bell pepper into cubes and some smoked (almond-sesam) tofu too.
I grabbed a "big" bowl, put the drained(?) udon in, added the broth and the other ingredients. This is what I got:


Itadakimasu!

Delicious, but not paleo or primal. However I have to use up my asian noodles, before I move out. By the way "Itadakimasu" is also the name of an japanese cookbook, that I just got from the library. So stay tuned for some delicious, japanese cooking posts.

Since my lunch wasn't paleo, my dinner certainly is: 2 red chief apples (as you know my favourites) and hazelnut spread (from the whole food store, only hazelnuts, nothing else). Just slice the apples and put some spread on it. Yummy. Not a real meal you say? Wrong, hazelnut spread contains a lot of oil (good oil, Ladies, so enjoy) and some pretty awesome minerals and proteins. So, in the end you'll have a big grin on your face and feel satisfied (maybe Mick Jagger should try it?!). I certainly have a huge grin on my face now.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment