Tuesday 5 October 2010

Post 222 - and two good things happened today

First and most importantly Aurora's (my bike) gearshift is finally fixed. Turns out it was the levers at the handlebar. The click that's showing the shift had gone missing without me noticing it. Now it clicks again and so I can shift up again. Wohoo.

I also took the time to have a look around the bike shop (bikes and helmets and clothing, sigh) and inform myself on the roll and aerobars. They also had a really cool secondhand time trial bike! Which I would have bought on the spot, when it would've been my size. Good thing it wasn't or I would've been back in the reds. Bad thing it wasn't, because it only cost 600€. Argh.

So for the next few months I have to cope with my bike envy which is getting worse training ride by training ride.

Secondly I had an awesome lunch. I made pasta with tomatosauce. Sounds bland? Well, it was organic pasta made from brown rice, pumpkin and ginger, which is totally yummy alone. But the tomatosauce included sautéd shallots and bell pepper, tomatos, the freshly squeezed just of a lemon, hard boiled eggs and fresh mozzarella. It was delicious and really really healthy and gluten free.

On the job front, one company still leaves me waiting for my second interview. Well, I apply for other jobs in the meantime and look for a flat too. So nothing new on this side.


I just got back into reading again and found a "new" and really interesting author: Haruki Murakami. I'm currently reading my first book of him and as soon as I finish it I'll write a review for you. Could be interesting for you, since he runs and did Triathlons too. And I also found a book on running that sounded pretty interesting: it's called "ChiRunning" by Danny Dreyer. Has anyone of you read it? What do you think? Not that I haven't got enough training literature waiting in my to be read stack already.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment